Sunday, August 11, 2013

They Say... Five More are Gone!


Can I steal a bit of sunshine from your eyes,
Can I borrow the Spring from your laughter if I try?

I live in a Country that needs some cheer
For these are times when everything is dear.
And I have my men waiting to get back home
But each night brings me news forlorn
It seems today, another five won't make it on their own.

Can I steal some hope to replace my fears
Can I steal some solace to replace their ma's tears?

No, don't talk about love today
Lets do that another day.
I live in a Country where brothers have been at war for a millennium
I live in a Country where there was never a wrong time
For a good fight.
I just need a voice to let them know
We have never shied away from a good battle
Come Rain or Snow!

Can I steal a bit of sunshine from your eyes,
Can I borrow the Spring from your laughter if I try?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment